Question
Posted by: dw | 2011/02/21

the problem

Hi. Doc, with all my relationships, I start of by being very sexually attracted towards them, but after a months or 2, things just die and if I never have sex, that would suit me just fine. I thought it could be the anti-depressants I am on, but then I wouldnt be so sexual in the first couple of weeks. I dont know what to do, because this is the reason for all my relationships failing.... I just lose interest and then the guy thinks I dont like him anymore, so he gets all insecure etc. I am with a very nice guy at the moment and the same thing has happened. We are now 4 months into the relationship and no sex drive. I need to fix this but how? Thanks.

You're right, while some ADs cause a lack of sexual interest in some people, they wouldn't start doing so only after some week or months of busy sexual activity. It sounds as though these "relationships" may be primarily about sex rather than affection and other such longer-lasting emotions. Wouldn't it be worth enghaging in some counselling to seek a better understanding of yourself and your concept of relationships ?

2
Posted by: Woman | 2011/02/21

When in a relationship try not sleeping with him for 6 months. Sleeping with someone within a month is just cheap.

Reply to Woman