Question
Posted by: A | 2008/11/25

The PIll and tri-phase

I have been using the pill (melodene) on a 3month cycle i.e. skipping the placebo' s for 2 months and only taking them and having my period every 3 months, as treatment for endometriosis. I want to know if this makes a difference as to the effectiveness of the pill as a contraceptive? Is it better to use it normally i.e. having your period once a month? And will the use of the medication Lamictin or Glucophage decrease its effectiveness?

Tricycling will not affect the efficacy of the Pill. Glucophage is not a problem, but Lamictin is.