Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2008/08/07

The pill and the morning after pill

Hi there.

I am on the pill and my boyfriend and I are very careful. On Friday night he thought the condom broke so he asked me to take the morning after pill.
I was only able to get the pill on Sunday as we were away and no where near a pharmacy.

I started taking the pink pill of my contraceptive on Saturday ... I still haven' t started.

Could this be because I took the Morning after pill?? Could this effect my cycle like this? Tomorrow is my last day on the pink pill and still nothing.

Please can you put my mind at rest. Could I be pregnant??

Hi Michelle
this is probably due to the morning after pill. The MA pill does not always work 100 % so if you are really worried do a home pregnancy test after 2 weeks. Luckily you weren't in your fertile period and you were on additional contraception too?
dr Bets