Question

The pill and menopause

I would like to know that if you stay on the contraseptive pill wont you skip all of the nasty effects of peri and menopause all together. Why do you use HRT treatments instead of keeping someone on the pill. I am 44 and went of the pill 1,5 years ago and am struggeling with acne now. I always thought that the pill lowers ones libido but the opposite is true for me. My husband had a vasectomy so can I maybe go back on the mini pill to regulate my hormones and up till what age can I use that.

You can continue to use the Pill in your 40s as long as you do not smoke and have no risk factors for heart disease. This will help with symptoms of the menopause. The reason for changing to HRT later, is that the doses of the hormones are much smaller and thus should have fewer side effects.
The mini pill is not a good option as it is progetserone only.