Question
Posted by: sarah | 2012-07-08

The pill and antibiotics

Hi there,

I have been on yasmin for about 3 years now. Today I felt like I had a bladder infection so i went ot the pharmacy and they gave me an antibiotic called ''Utin-400''. It says to take one tablet every 12 hours for 3 days, which is 6 tablets in all. I took the first one today. I would like to know how long I must wait until my pill will be effective again? As I know some antibiotics interfere with the pill. And also, I had sex on Friday, would the antibiotic that I started taking today interfere with the effectiveness of the pill from friday?

Thank you very much.

You should use extra precautions for the duration of the antibiotics and two weeks thereafter. You are protected for before you started the antibiotic.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-07-13