Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/07/27

The pill

Hi Doc, I''ve been on triphasil since the birth of my last baby in 2009. then I used nordette for 3months Apr-June this year as the clinic didn''t have triphasil. Got serious chest pains while on nordette, so when I went back to clinic for refill I requested triphasil again but they gave me trigestrel saying its the same as triphasil. Started trigestrel 6 july.
I''ve been having abdominal pain with loweer back pain since last week coupled with nausea and more frequent bowel movements. Went to a gp on friday and she said it might be a tummy bug and prescibed antibiotics. But the abdominal pain and nausea persists. I also did bloodtests yesterday to check kidneys, liver and thyriod don''t have results yet.

Can the abdominal pain &  nausea be caused by the pill.

thanks

anon

The Pill can cause nausea but shouldn't cause abdominal pain.

1