Question
Posted by: simone | 2009/05/22

The Pill

There has been a lot of questions regarding the " the morning after pill" . I just want to know, can you take the pill too early after unprotected sex? Can it go out of your system if you take it too early and it won' t protect you? I read an question about a women who took it after 30 minutes, will it still have the same effect because it takes a while for the sperm to reach the eggs, won' t it be out of the system by the time?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi S

No, studies have shown that it is even effective when taken shortly BEFORE unprotected intercourse. The ideal however would be to be on a regular contraceptive if you plan to have unprotected intercourse.