Posted by: kermie | 2009-02-19

The pill

I am 33 years old and have been off the pill for 3 years due to the fact I didn' t go back on after my daughter was born. I have now started Yasmin as my gynae recommended it due to the fact that my periods used to go on for 10-12 days and apparently it was also my cervix bleeding. I have had a pap smear and all is clear. There is no reason why my cervix should be bleeding - not even inflammed. Funny enough it doesnt bleed after sex but only when the gynae did that scrape thing. He said i was to use the betadine douche till its finished. Anyway i started my pill last week on the silver as it says but i did not have my period when i started it but he said that was fine. I know have my peiod but i am still on the active pills as i have just started - what must i do? Keep taking it as normal? How will my period get onto the inactive pills?

Keep taking it as normal. It can take a month or two for your body to adjust to the Pill.