Question
Posted by: Tilly | 2008/07/10

The pill

Im 24 yrs old and I have been using NORDETTE for a year now . I was making my future plans and I decided that I want to have a kids at the age of 34 , which means I will be on the pill for the next coming ten years .MY QUESTIONS ARE - what are the effects of the pill when used long term ? will that affect my fertility OR anything else ?is it a good idea to be on the pill for such along period ?if NOT ,is there any alternatives ?please help , cause even if I dont want kids now , I want them in the future . I dont have any children and I would like to keep it that way for the next ten years . Im a career woman .

It is fine to stay on the Pill for 10 years. It will not affect your fertility and there are no major long term effects.

6
Posted by: Stacy | 2008/07/11

??. There is only one Patch as far as i know. Evra Patch.
Stick it to your bum like a plaster. Change it once a week. 4 week off.

Reply to Stacy
Posted by: ??? | 2008/07/11

what patch??
tell me to!! i dont wanna take the pill but also dont wanta papa now coz i just had a miscarriage 4 months ago

Reply to ???
Posted by: Stacy | 2008/07/10

Yasmin works well with me! Used it for years. Dianne made me pick up too much weight....
I'm happy with the patch, he knos not to pull it off, or else...

Reply to Stacy
Posted by: CE | 2008/07/10

Stacy,
I used the patch for a month, but hubby kept pulling the damn thing off. Then i tried Yasmin for a month and it made me very nauseous. Now i'm not using anything. We are trying for a baby.
I can understand that the Mirena would not be "nice" for woman who have not yet had children, but it can be done while under anaesthetic (don't know if that is spelt right, but you know what i mean, hey?) I have a couple of friends using it who haven't had kids yet. They are all fine with it.

Reply to CE
Posted by: Stacy | 2008/07/10

My dr said the Mirena is not so "nice" for woman who had not have children... I went for the Evra Patch.

Reply to Stacy
Posted by: CE | 2008/07/10

Just a suggestion......
Speak to your doc or gynae about having the Mirena inserted :-)

Reply to CE