Posted by: Yolanda | 2009-09-29

The Pil and Bleeding

I have a recurrent situation were I use the Pil for 3-4 months and then start bleeding. I started out on Triphasil followed by Nordette and Yasmin and currently I am on Biphasil that my Dr. gives on prescription. I can not use the injection as that makes me bleed 24/7. I' m 28 years old and have 3 children. I wanted to be sterilized, but I have a heart condition that prevents this from being done at this stage. I Have been on contraception on and off since I was 18years. I want to know if there is an explanation why this bleeding happens.

It sounds like a hormonal problem but, without details about the bleeding in relation to the Pill and how long you were on each pill before changing , I cannot help. One option might be to try the Mirena.