Posted by: BEW | 2013-01-31

The Pain Body

I have been told that I have a pain body that gets activated very easily, due to really bad situations from childhood into teens(by a new psychologist i am seeing). What does this mean, is this real and can a psychologist help me with this. if so how long will it take. i am diagnosed bipolar with mixed episodes and have been on medication from a pdoc over a few years now and have recently also been in hospital for 3 weeks.

can the two be together or are they seperate. is this pain body just a weakness like i perceive the bipolar thing? is it even real, are either of them real or am i just a weak individual?

I suspect your psychologist was inventing a phrase to try to explain to you a concept of how some people are more physically sensitive in a way of responding to different situations by feeling pain, and may be able to help you with the problem he was trying to describe ( and clearly meeds to spend more time explaining to you ). This is not, otherwise, an officially recognized or generally used term.
You're not weak. And if it hurts, that's real pain. ( I'm not at all sure what "unreal" pain would feel like !) By working with a good psychologist, especially one using modern CBT pethods, you can learn to control and avoid the pains that hav e been troubling you, and bring the situation back under control. Ovberall, the meds used to treat bipolar disorder ought to be fortunately useful in helping you gain pain control, as well