Posted by: anon | 2009-07-20

the other side of it :p

Hi there Doc!

I was engaged but left a porn addict. It has left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. My question is, how do I deal with this from the opposite side. My current boyfriend also looks at porn, but not near as bad as my ex-fiance. How do I learn to not freak out about it. I understand why he does it, I just want to learn how to handle it. It shouldn' t be a big deal, so I don' t want to make him feel guilty, and need some guidelines on how to get comfortable with it FROM MY SIDE, as telling him to stop is almost unfair. Thanks :p

The issue, probably, is why you feel such a need to "handle" this, whereas if he had an interest in cricket or rugby, you'd be less bothered. Do remember that it is not about you, any more than your reading recipe books is about his skills as a chef. It's fantasy. Try watching some with him, if that doesn't bother either of you, and encourage him to use it to spice up your own relationship, rather than as any sort of alternative to it.

Posted by: anon | 2009-07-22

no offense to to be taken here, but I don' t exactly get horny reading recipe books, and I can' t equate that to my bf looking at porn. It' s not the same, definitely not :p

Reply to anon
Posted by: Ja | 2009-07-20

Does it bother you that he watches naked women and want to shag them? How on earth could that bother you? Sorry for the sarcasm, but thats what it is.
I dont think the problem lies with you and unless he sees it through your eyes he wont change.
Running away from a guy that watches porn? to another? and another? See the problem? We are all like that.

Reply to Ja
Posted by: easyone | 2009-07-20

easy..make porn with him...home made..problem solved

Reply to easyone