Question
Posted by: Mr B | 2011-05-30

the never ending flu thats messing with my head...

hi, i got sick 12 days ago now and it hit hard, cronic headache''s that i could not sleep etc for the first 2 days. my chest has had a bad infection that will just not end either...
my main worry is that this flu has made me feel like im living in a bubble and constantly spaced out delux.. i mean its really messing with my head and im starting to wonder if my mind has some strange sort of damage from this illness.
ive always been a rather confident person and have just been cruising throught life, it now feels like ive taken a step back out of myself and am contiously watching my every move. its broken my confidence and im feeling rather tripped out all the time and sometimes abit off balance...
when is this gonna end ? is this still just from the flu or has something happened to my mind ?
the strange thing is my father who is accross the country from me has been feeling the exact same way from what seems to be the same flu... he for the first time in his life is feeling scared to go see customers etc.... and i myself am having a hard time at work having to deal with people.....
someone who knows whats happening pls tell me when the spaced out feeling is gonna end..?

Mr B

The flu symptoms can last three to four weeks and I suggest that you take a few days off work for strict bed rest and lots of fluids.