Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/06/20

The Naked Truth

Hello Cybie

Hope you had a good weekend.

Well after wrecking my brain for answers to my intimacy problems and really trying to pin point what in the CBT therapy helped me I remembered it is all about what you fear and then trying to convert that situation into a positive one.

I realised because of my upbrining in a strictly christian home where everything to do with sex was viewed as sinful and etc my view on it is a bit damage also we were always told to cover up when naked which create a image of shame.

It all boils down to me not feeling comfortable being naked its so weird even when I am alone I always cover myself getting dress etc

At least now that I pin pointed the problem I can start working on it changing my views and turning them into positives.

As with everything, one can only usefully work on problems once we have identified what they are, and in what way they need to change

3
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/06/21

Thank you Lee.

Yes my husband and my best friend were both raised in english homes were nakesness wasnt something you had to cover up esp when they were little and they both have such freedom about being naked.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Lee | 2011/06/21

Hi K
I am totally the opposite. I love walking around naked - I do not have a perfect figure. My husband laughs and says he built a wall around the house so the neighbours don''t see me. He says he is trying to protect them. I was abused as a child but went for counseling so I realise that it was not my fault. I have learnt now that the children are bigger especially my son to be more considerate. We built my son a room and bathroom on the other side of the house as well. I wonder if there is a problem with me? When I''m alone, I am always naked. When the kids were small I think they learnt from me that nakedness is not bad except my daughter at the age of 2 and 3 used to undress everywhere. I guess you learn by example. Once in church we stood to sing and when we turned around she was stripped down to her nappy!

Reply to Lee