Question
Posted by: confused abt contraceptives | 2009-07-29

The medication help

hi doc,

i have been on nordette for 4 months now and every month im expriencing break thru bleeding im 21yrs of age. my question is do you think switching from nordette to yasmin would help with the break thru bleeding? and also are low dose contraceptives safe to use im afraid that because its low dose it might not be as effective as a high dose contraceptive.

you recommended i try diane 35 but i read on the internet that diane should not be used as a contraceptive alone.

i was on minerva when i was in school for my skin i picked up alot of weight with it

Diane 35 can be used for contraception only.
You could try Yasmin and see. Yasmin si not particularly low dose and is as effective as the other Pills Mostly this is trial and error. There are no guarantees.