The masks I wear

Hi Doc,

Ive just gone through a divorce which has caused me to re-examine my life and what I want now out of it.

For years Ive put on masks for different people to please ex wife, my parents, some friends. But now everything seems to be crumbling and Im doubting myself because Im not sure who the real me is or what he wants. I know its an issue because Im not feeling right deep down inside, and all these questions are just coming up. Im not desperately unhappy with who I am now but I want to know the best way to go about finding out who I really am...from a professional perspective.

You need counsellin / psychotherapy, which can greatly help you to understand who you are when you are not only trying to please other people, and to clarify what you want and how to get there from here. And I prefer a more realistic and business-like way of doin this, such as Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) rather than the endless and pointlwess wafflings of an analytically-based therapist.