Question
Posted by: Morgan | 2009-12-18

The man i loved slept with a prostitute

i just wanted to chat, i have finally told my family about all the stuff that happened between me and the man i loved. after months of back and forth and some really hard stuff he told me today that he had slept with a prostitute about 3 weeks ago when he was on a visit in Hong Kong. i was just so shocked and angry and hurt. we have gone through so much (he has depression) and it has been very very hard the last 2 years. he said he was very very drunk and i could ' make life hard for him if i wanted to, but that he didnt feel like he did anything wrong. we have been on and off the last year but we had an agreement that we would tell each other if we met someone. he now says this is not the same and he didnt need to tell me about it because it was just sex.

he apparently had a hard year and was having a good time. he says he is an angle compared to most blokes and i am being a drama queen about this. he put the phone down on me when i cried.

mostly now i am sad that i have betrayed myself the way i have.

I responded the other time this question was posted

3
Posted by: friend | 2009-12-19

No one can " control"  the future...

We can choose how we react to situations, how we allow others to treat us and we do have the right to choose how we wish to live our lives.

The most important question is when he slept with the prostitute and he was so drunk....??? did he use a condom??

Have you both been tested??

He doesn' t see anything wrong with what he did???

Sounds like your foundation is shaky and rocky and it wouldn' t seem a very good base to continue in a relationship with someone who not only disrespects you but tried to humiliate you as well.

There are better quality men out there. You don' t need to be treated this way, unless you want to.

Good Luck!

Reply to friend

Posted by: CP MOM | 2009-12-18

We cannot fix the past but we can try and " control"  the future.
You' ve been through hell and back. You must not allow this man to hurt you anymore.
You need to close this door behind him.

He was drunk? he was having a good time? so what happens next time ? and the next time? this is nonsence and you should not have to go through this.

Leave him TODAY - put it behind you. Every day will be hard but in time it WILL get better.

Reply to CP MOM