Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011-06-08

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Hi Everyone

Was just wondering how everyone is doing? This addiction in the form of eating whether you deprive yourself or feed it is such a struggle it consumes everything that are you. Often you feel there is no hope there is nothing else out there.

I was my eating disorder I became my disorder. IF ONLY I was thin IF ONLY I could eat perfect IF ONLY...

What lies.... you can live your life now You can believe that who you are is good enough and then work towards small changes. YOU CAN LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF.

YOU CAN....BE FREE.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Thanks for that Kasandra.

3
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2011-06-14

Thanks for that Kasandra.

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011-06-08

It just cause I always felt so hopeless and that its a never ending road but I found the answers by dealing with emotions in a constructuve way and not converting my emotions to physical pain and then taking it out on myself.

The addiction can take on so many forms and by saying NO to taking it out on yourself you also learn to respect yourself.

Dealing with the emotions that are so hard to face and ''eating'' one up inside.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Same boat | 2011-06-08

Hi Kasandra
On behalf of everyone else who suffers from some type of eating disorder, I thank you for inspiring those of us who are struggling to get to the place you are.
You have proved that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is just some take longer than others, some have more bumpy rides, but at the end of the day we are all struggling. Although I am in a bad space right now, your words are encouraging. You are proof that it is NOT impossible. Just why does it have to be so difficult?
Thanks for your motivation. Keep on inspiring others.
Best wishes,

Reply to Same boat