Question
Posted by: babe | 2009/11/12

the length of your periods and fertility..

hi, does the length of your period affect fertility, why i ask is,
b4 i hd my daughter 5yrs ago i would hv a 28 day cycle and bleed for 5days and we didn' t strugle to concieve. then i went on conraceptives.
now i hv been of contraceptives for 2yrs and my cycles rages btwn 26 - 27 but mostly 27days and i only bleed for 3days.
it seems like we are strugling to concieve...
do i need to see a FS?

A 26-27 day cycle is normal and would not affect fertility. There might be other reasons for your difficulty with falling pregnant and you should see a gynaecologist to check.

1