Question
Posted by: Leandre | 2009-05-01

The Injection

I am 19 years old and i recently went to get the injection. I just wanted to know if I will experience any side effects like you will experience if you are using the Pill?
I also want to know if I will still be able to have children one day?

the injection does have side effects but it is difficult to predict which ones you will experience. some females are lucky enough to have none. common side effects include, menstrual irregularities,(amenorrhoea, prolonged bleeding or spotting), weight changes, bloating and mood changes.
the return to fertility after stopping the injection can be prolonged (average 9months) so it would not be advised if you plan on becoming pregnant withen a year.