Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008-11-06

The Injection

Hi Doc.

Can you please advise.
Im on the pill for a month now - Femodene,
Would like to go onto the injection instead but im afraid as iv heard from so many people that it makes you fat.
Is this true ? If so why would this be?

I have gained abit of weight and am trying to loose so would not like to go on the pill and gain lotsa weight.

Dear Kelly
The side effects of Depo Provera is weight gain, osteoporosis, irregular, heavy or no bleeding while using the injection. It contains female hormone Progesterone and this has an effect on your menstruating cycle and your weight.

1
Posted by: niki | 2008-11-06

Ek sal an raai dat jy nie die inspuiting moet gebruik, want dit vat lank om uit system te kom veral as jy eendag wil babas he, dit kan ook jou kanse verminder om eendag n baba te he.
Maar dit hang van jou af dis net my opinie, want op die oomblik sukel ek baie.
Dit het nie vir my vet gemak.

Reply to niki