Question
Posted by: nondumiso | 2011-01-28

the in-laws

I am married to a guy who has 2 children from outside, last year we stayed with the kids but suddenly the sister to my husband decided to take the kids saying we are spoiling the kids, and it was because the kids disobeyed me because sometimes they visited their mother.

But suddenly I heard rumours that I chased them away because I did not want them and it was said by the sisters, and I know they are the ones who influenced by them, from then we are no longer in good terms I dont go to them because they take other people as if they are poor and not educated, everytime I am with them they will raise educational or silly topics and i will end up being a laughing stock. Please advise

Sounds like a nasty family, which seems to resent you having married the guy. Discuess this with him, as he should stop this nonsense among his family, and maybe see a marriage counsellor together

5

Posted by: Maria | 2011-01-28

Does your husband not have control over his kids, surely it''s up to him to decide where they stay? And why can''t they visit their mother? I agree with the other posters, you must discuss this with your husband. His family, his responsibility.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Outsider | 2011-01-28

you should possibly think about speaking to your husband and letting him know how you feel about this, explain to him how you are interpreting " the family messages"  you should make it very clear to him that you don''t have a problem with his children but they need to realize that they do in-fact have to respect you.

by the way what does your husband say about all that has happened and or is still happening???

Good luck these sort of things are never easy! Just remember to stay calm and think logically

Reply to Outsider
Posted by: Trace | 2011-01-28

Dont let them bother you, you have to be strong and show them that you are a better person, you may not be rich, highly educated or drop dead gorgeous but you can be humble.. If they want to take the kids aspread lies about you so be it, you have to remember you cannot control what anyone does but you can control your reaction... Hope all works out for you.

Reply to Trace
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2011-01-28

Yoh, what a mess. I don''t like that type of people. I wish you all the strength you need.

Reply to Vrye Denker