Question
Posted by: emmy | 2010/01/11

THE HSG TEST for the second time

HI all i want to know how long does it take to fall preggie after hsg, cause i had done the test in april 09. i went to see a gynae in August 09 then he told me i have a cycts on my right ovary, i need to do a surgery to remove them. i waited fo three months to see if they wont dissapear then they dissapeared.
I then went back to see other gynae specialist who did the scan and told me i dont have any cysts or fibroids. H e then told me to do the hsg test again cause he doesnt know the result of the first test because it was done at the public hospital.

so dr can tell me what is the cause of me not falling pregnant cause i dont have fibroids and cycts and my period are regular.do you think the hHSG test can help?

Dear Emmy

There are many reasons as to why a couple takes longer than normal to fall pregnant. The most common reasons namely, patent fallopian tubes should be present, ovulation should be taking place and your husband semen analysis should be normal. In your particular case an HSG was done and it appears that it was normal. If this is definitely normal then a second HSG will not be help. I would suggest the next step would rather be to assess your hormone profile and see if ovulation is taking place and in addition have your husband’s sperm tested for any abnormalities.

Answered by: Dr Y.M Dasoo

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/21

Dear doctor, I had done my 1st hsg in 2012 and told that my right tube is blocked. After that they suggested me laparoscopy in 2013 and I had done it too. After that we went to ivf in 2014 after 3 failed iui but unfortunately that if also failed. Now I changed my doctor she told me to perform hsg test once again. Please tell me is this 2nd time hsg really required??

Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/15

Dear Emmy

Answered by: Dr Y.M Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert