Question
Posted by: Jenna | 2010-06-28

The ex moving out saga

Hi Cybershrink

This was the straw that broke the camel''s back...
A friend and her husband (whom I had told about his situation and asked to put out feelers for a job for him) phoned me on Friday night to tell me (on the quiet) that they had secured a job for him. Won''t go into details here. It was 99% secure as one of them works there. His first excuse was he was sick (was not), they postponed the interview in good faith (the 2 directors were ready to offer him the job there and then as he is right age, had right qualifications and of course via the personal recommendation). Then he had no petrol (they offered to fetch him).He said he would go.Left them standing there red-faced.So furious.I never bought food for the house &  I knew he was starving yesterday.I bought only veg (he hates it) etc.He has nothing but had the cheek to tell them that R7000+ is you know what.I wanted to turf him out immediately but he can starve.I actually feels sorry for his family.He is a lazy lay about gigolo.And it seems his history of unemployment is why his wife left him too.Aag well, I won''t make the same mistake again.

Sorry to hear about the camel, Jenna.
Gosh, he is indeed more than feeble, but sounds very hard-working at actually avoiding work and jobs. How lucky could he get, and how hard could he strive to avoid the luck ?
So tight, don't make the same mistake again, remind him that he is indeed a beggar who can't afford to be so darn choosy, and leave him to his own devices, living somewhere else - and if he's hungry, so be it, let him earn what he wants to eat. Search the web and read about Tough Love - this guy was designed for it

1

Sorry to hear about the camel, Jenna.