Question
Posted by: Anticipation | 2011/04/06

The End Of All Life

Hi CS

Do you consider the end of all life a valid possibility of the future?
Looking at mankind and people in general, and how they are currently, would you completely out rule a total extinction event?

At SOME time in the future, is is surely at least POSSIBLE. A more interesting question, would be how tragic ( or not ) that would be.

5
Posted by: Anticipation | 2011/04/07

I posted this after watching some of the life after people programs.
In some circles it seems to be an excepted fact that eventually human beings will no longer exist, to the point where people create television programs part science fiction, part science fact and part entertainment.

After witnessing the Japan earthquake and the impact it had, it seemed to me that humanity is just a tenant on earth, we are in fact renting and don''t have full ownership, we may be able to own and control other people but we don''t own nature.

Liza you mentioned not in our lifetime. Have you taken the time to review what has already happened in your lifetime? Is it escalating or reducing?

Reply to Anticipation
Posted by: Liza | 2011/04/07

I think it''s definitely possible, but not very probable. The chances are tiny but they''re there. The biggest threat would currently be if a big meteor hits the earth. It has happened on a smaller scale before so it could happen again on a bigger scale. Things like a nuclear meltdown and global warming can''t really cause total extinction in our world currently. Perhaps if we continue killing our planet as we are currently, it could eventually be possible BUT not in your or my lifetime...

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Anticipation | 2011/04/07

So total extinction is a better option than suffering?

There''s a program called life after people, you ever watched it?

Reply to Anticipation
Posted by: abc | 2011/04/07

if only.
it''s enough now, how much more suffering can we endure?

Reply to abc