Question
Posted by: L | 2010/08/04

the emptiness

i am but one of a million women with the same problem. i''m 30 years old. i''m lonely. so i eat. i''m not overweight but i don''t look as good in my clothes as i used to. it''s so annoying - because i know what i''m doing but still i can''t seem to be able to control myself. i am able to go without sweets and chips for about 5 days, and then something happens and i eat a slab in one go. i exercise. i read. i watch too much tv. i don''t feel like going out anymore (unless it''s with one of my guy friends). i feel as though i''m just existing.

i know i''m depressed. and it''s so stupid. i am a strong believer in Christ and i know that this is supposed to fill me but still i crave for someone to hold me. i''ve had one boyfriend in 7 years and that also makes me so angry. i''m goodlooking and intelligent and funny but this isn''t enough. it seems as though guys just want to date the sticks. and i know that they''re not worth my time and effort if they can''t see past the physical blah blah blah.

work is unbelievably stressful (i''ve taken over our struggling family business) and i have to work evenings and weekends. i''m almost always broke even though i live frugally (still trying to pay off all my debt which is priority). i don''t do anything nice for myself because i don''t have money. aaarrrggghhh....!!!

i don''t even know what i''m looking for on here. maybe i just needed to complain to a stranger. thanks for your time.

I recognize this sort of situation, and indeed it is frustrating. The solution is usually to work with a good counsellor to sort out what can be soted out, and to develop a way of living with what can't be sorted out.

4
Posted by: J | 2010/08/06

L, I TOTALLY know how you feel. BUt I have started seeing a therapist for COgnitive Behavioural Therapy &  am also now on antidepressants and I feel SO Much better. It is really helping. Before I almost neve went out at all, and did the whole eating &  watching telly thing. Things are really going much better now &  I''m going out more, happier, eating less, etc. Yes, it is expensive, but it''s the best investment I have ever made. There is hope - don''t give up.

Reply to J
Posted by: BBR | 2010/08/04

L you are not alone, many of us find ourselves in the same situation, it''s frustrating and depressing. I know how you feel, when I get paid the money is gone paying rent food etc, nothing left to just go out for an evening and enjoy myself or buy something small for my child. But we have to keep going and believe things will change, stay positive and focus on the things we are grateful for.

Reply to BBR
Posted by: L | 2010/08/04

ps i tend to drink too much as well so i''m trying to go on a no alcohol stint for a 100 days.... i caved this weekend and drank a bottle of wine. something i do by myself as well. which isn''t good, i know.

Reply to L