Question
Posted by: Liza | 2011/01/21

The effort is almost too much.

I''m trying so hard. Keeping on the happy face at work and when I can''t even do that, just swallow back the tears and breathe deeply and slowly until I know I won''t cry. This morning it wasn''t as hard to keep the happy face on. Then I saw something cute and made a mental note to show my son after work. Then the realization that my son is now living with his dad back in Pretoria. Now even the deep breathing isn''t helping. How do I stop crying? I try and keep my mind on my work, but just the smallest reminder and my eyes and nose spring a leak again. And I''m in a big open-plan office. I''d be so embarrassed if someone were to notice...

It need not be a happy, face, but a calm face will be generally useful. You are still a good mom, and your child is still alive. Not as readily acessable as before, but surely you can still meet and share nive things ? This custody arrangement may not be what you most wanted, but surely still should give you access to the children, and in ways that lets this be quality time, and less liable to impair or be impaired by your illness ?

6

Posted by: Soul | 2011/01/21

I''m so sorry to hear that Liza.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Liza | 2011/01/21

I''ve two sons. For the 6 months, the oldest (14) was living with me while his brother(10) stayed with his dad. My ex-husband got legal custody of the boys when my bipolar was uncontrolled about 4 years ago.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Trace | 2011/01/21

God bless you Liza

Reply to Trace
Posted by: Jordan | 2011/01/21

Oh Liza. I feel your pain. What you have done must be the most unselfish, brave act of humankind possible. I salute you for being so smart and tough. And I feel your pain. As I typing this the tears are pouring. Just stay in God''s grace. And He Will Bless You.

Reply to Jordan
Posted by: Soul | 2011/01/21

Why is your son living with his dad, how old is he?

Reply to Soul