Question
Posted by: Jess | 2009-03-02

The effects of Cold

Hi doc
I have always had a problem with my knee growing up, I did visit our GP when i was younger and he said its growing up pain, it will eventually go away but it hasn' t. The problem is that whenever im exposed to the cold my knee, ankle and toe bones hurt like hell. It used to only effect me in the cold or when i get my monthly periods. Now that im older and working im having terrible problems here because my other co-workers put the air con on alot and when it hits me my knee, all the way to my toes really hurt and at sometimes i go outside coz i cant mange. It once got to a point where it was difficult to walk. what pain is this and why is it so bad

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Jess
You may have some problems with your circulation, but this is merely speculation on my part and you need to see a specialist who can do the proper investigations to determine the cause of your discomfort. Ask your GP to refer you.