Question
Posted by: SharonH | 2010/08/17

THE DIET EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT- Injection

Hi Diet Doc (and everyone else)
I''m motivated by weight loss of a colleague. She is on The Diet Everyone Talks About. I would like to join but am nervous about getting injections when I don''t know what the ingredients are. And my local service provider won''t tell me what''s in it - they just keep saying it''s natural and I don''t have to worry. But isn''t this a bit unethical? Do you know what is in this injection?

Dear Sharon
This is the problem with this type of diet that forces you to have all kinds of injections and the providers refuse to tell you what they contain. It is unethical because every patient and client has the right to know what a medication or treatment contains. The diet in question is a variation of the Atkins diet (high protein, high-fat, zero or very low carbs) which will initially make you lose weight (even without any injections), but the problems with this type of diet are: a) It is unbalanced and the high intake of fat is potentially harmful b)you can develop side-effects like ketosis, bad breath, constipation, etc c) most patients regain the weight they have lost when they stop using this type of diet. Luckily most patients cannot adhere to such a high protein diet for long. The injections either contain some harmless liquid that will not contribute to weightloss, or potentially harmful compounds. One of my other Readers once posted the package insert of weight loss injections that she had received to me, and it was frightening because the injections were under no circumstances intended for weight loss, but were designed for treatment of male fertility problems and were called "A.P.L.® Injection". The package insert stated specifically "APL has no known effect on fat mobilization, appetite or sense of hunger or body fat distribution. HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity." Thus it is senseless to get injected with unknown products.
I would rather use a balanced, energy-reduced diet (1500 cal or 6300 kJ/day) and daily exercise to lose weight safely and at a much lower cost.

22
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/25

Have any other vegetarians tried the-diet ? What were your results?

Posted by: Pravesh | 2016/04/06

This diet is working for me, I already feel lighter and great

Reply to Pravesh | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/26

Hi there, where do you get the diet from ? please help with contact details

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/04

Hi everyone, I have been on the diet for four days. Already lost 2 kgs. I know it is probably water. What I want to say to the diet doc, is that this diet is kilojoule restricted and you cannot have a lot of fat as you will use up the kolojoules for the day too fast. Further, I would like to add that the diet re-introduces the carbs very slowly after an initial carb free three weeks. You end up with normal carb intake after the 10 week programme. I will keep you posted. I KNOW I am paying money for something I can do myself, but believe me I have tried. Maybe the money spent acts as the real incentive to stick to the diet.

Posted by: nadiNe | 2016/03/17

Plz. HelP. I. Can't. Loose weight

Reply to nadiNe | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/17

Hi Nadine, where do you stay?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/17

Hi Nadine, where do you stay?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/12

Please;advice where in kimberley is your clinic. I need to loose weight desperately. I need transformation.. iam very interested in the 10weeks injection diet.my friend did that 4years ago.and still today she looks young and revamped with full of energy. my email:LoratoK29@gmail.com kindly email me all the information.

Posted by: cici | 2015/09/23

Location wherei can find these people

Reply to cici | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/07

Where are you situated? There is clinics all over/

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/07

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/20

To the lady who says she battles to loose weight due to the menopause. I am 51 and also have menopause. I lost 10.5kg in my first ten weeks. My hot flushes where drastically reduced and I no longer was throwing the covers off at night and taking of clothes during the day. So something has really helped me. If it is the diet, injection that has helped I am not sure. This way of eating is so simple to do and continue once you have reached your goal weight. We go out to eat, and I have not problem at all sticking to what I can and cant eat. Has been worth every single penny spent. I go to Wilma in Westville and she is an amazing lady. You dont even feel her injections she give. Totally pain free.

Posted by: The Diet Team | 2015/03/19

Dear Diet Doc As a representative of The Diet Everyone Talks about, I would like to assure both you and your readers that our diet and the injections are both safe and really work. The injection is merely a fat burner and vitamins, no hormones and nothing sinister as you mention above, but it is indeed our intelectual property. The diet itself is not an Atkins variasion, as we are all about controling your carb, oils and fats. We are not a high protien diet at all, but a are very much a contolled diet plan who helps people to eat the way the body are intended for the rest of your life. Making it a healthy lifestyle more than a diet. Ketosis is indeed a part of our diet. It is not a side effect, but the proof of fat in the urine insuring clients that they are loosing fat and not only water. Constipation is not a side effect either, but the waste products in the body are less. As a diet we would like to invite you to visit us and learn more about this wonderful program. Kind Regards The Diet Team.

Reply to The Diet Team
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/06

I was on this diet for 10 weeks and lost 12 kgs and even when I no longer attended the sessions I continued to lose weight. I lost 18kgs in total and after 4 years I've managed to keep the weight off. It's not just a diet programme it's a lifestyle programme and it teaches you what is right for your body and what isn't. So when you do cheat, you know what to stay away from in order for you to maintain you weight. It's an excellent diet and I've recommended to at least 15 friends who all successfully lost weight and have kept it off. You eat fruit and vegetables so not sure who said it doesn't have.....

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: janette | 2015/05/12

Hi there do you have a copy of the diet plan I had one but I lost it

Posted by: Susan Hill | 2015/01/04

Diet Doc do you even know what you are talking about? I have spent 12 weeks on The Diet Everyone Talks About and have lost 6.5kg and 28 cm. The injection is vitamin B and a weight loss ingredient. You provide a weekly urine sample so that they can check your level of ketosis. The diet is high protein for the first 3 weeks and you then reintroduce carbs .... The good ones. Your eating is monitored and so is your blood pressure. My energy levels are higher than they have been in over a decade. Sharon I suggest you listen to your colleague who has had success with the diet and not to the Diet Doc who really doesn't seem to have any idea what The Diet Everyone Talks About is about!

Reply to Susan Hill | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Kay | 2016/04/23

Very true!!

Posted by: Martie | 2014/06/20

I`ve tried the diet, but because I told the assistant that i`m a vegatarian, was extremely difficult & due to my menopause buttle to loose weight, drop only 2kg, this diet wasn`t worth it and I waisted well earned money.

Reply to Martie
Posted by: SIDNEY COAD WILLIAMS | 2014/02/17

A HEALTHY DIET MUST INCLUDE FRESH RAD FRUIT AND VEGETABLES. ADD ADEQUATE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND REST ANDYOU WILL PROBABLY LIVE TO A RIPE OLD AGE. CHECK MY PROFILE ON www.google.com THEN SURF THE LLINKS. SIDNEY COAD WILLIAMS HEALTH ACTIVIST

Reply to SIDNEY COAD WILLIAMS
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/11/02

This diet is CERTAINLY NOT a high protein, high fat diet! What absolute rubbish. DietDoc please get your facts right before you slate any eating program, you are obviously ill informed or not informed at all! Protein is only part of the diet but is regulated according to your weight and size and is always eaten with loads of fresh veggies and salads! Contact the-diet.co.za and the pharmacists who formulated this diet will gladly share more. Di Nicolay East London

Dear Sharon

Reply to DietDoc | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: "Brackenfell Boetie" | 2014/07/07

What a phony! While the Diet Doc slates the injection because the ingredients are not posted publicly, the Doc" wants us to trust the medical integrity of a someone posing to be a Doctor without presenting any medical credentials. Typical isn't it? Carb control has proven to be far more successful than KJ contrrol. Ask anyone who has done "The diet" and they will tell you, this is what "The diet" teaches you. What you weigh is proportional to what you put in your mouth and how you feel is dependent on the relative exercise you put your body through.