Posted by: AV | 2010-08-31

The correct contraception

Hi doc,

I am 30 years old, with two children, and not planning any more.

I have been on Yasmin for the past 6 years but suffered from vaginal infections constantly, and a VERY low libido &  vaginal dryness... Other than that, Yasmin worked fine with me.

After complaining to my GP about the above, she recommended I use Yaz. I have been on it for 3 months now, and am suffering tremendous headaches, I am Very moody and very touchy. And my poor children and Husband is suffering BIG time. I still dont have a great Libido, but luckily havent had any vaginal infections.

I need to change contraception ASAP for the sake of my sanity and my children, and do not know where to go next?

I have been struggling to find the correct contraceptive for a long time before I went on Yasmin, and found that Yasmin is the only one that makes me a happy person. The only problem is the infections.

I have tried the injection as well with no success either.

What about the Evra patch? Will this have the same symptoms or should I give it a try?

People redac6t differntly to contraceptives and the only way to know is to try. The other option is the IUCD.