Posted by: Lonestar | 2009-04-15

The choice...

Hi CS, Guys and Girls,

Been reading a few posts this afternoon and what really struck me was the amount of people that are unhappy in either their relationship or marriage. It made me think (quite a bit) as I' m in the same situation. The question is..." what am I/you to do?" 
There is no quick fix for this especially if your partner is cheating on you, but you know what made a difference in my life....
1)The fact that I chose to NOT let all of this run me down. Surely it is wasn' t easy and it took me 2 years to get it together and stop beating myself up for something that is not my fault. 2) I found happiness in my kids, they' re my life 3) Suicide is not the answer

Start loving yourself again and others will love you too, friends will care for you when your partner doesn' t.
Allow yourself half a chance to see the sun shine...only then you' ll think rationally and can make the right decisions. Be purpose driven. Don' t give up, especially on the days you' re lying in the mud and a Bulldozer parks on top of you. Keep going...we all have to go through the valleys of life in order to get to the top of the mountain.

Those people who know me will testify that Lonestar was a pretty messed up person once upon a blue moon....
Having said that, my life is still far from perfect, but my will to survive and not give up, brought me to where I am today. I am proud of what I have achieved, DESPITE the obstacles.

Don' t loose faith...NEVER!!

Blessings to you all!

P.S. BB and CP Mom, thanks for the kind words, it has been a long time indeed. I' ll try and visit a bit more - if the workload allows me to.

Hi Lonestar --- thanks so much for your wise, experienced and helpful comments.
As you say, many things are inevitably upsetting, but we have a much larger degree of control over how much we choose to allow these matters to disturb us, than most people choose to exercise.
And if it weren't for the valleys, we wouldn't recognize the mountain tops when we reached them.
You have so many excellent reasons to be proud of what you have survived and how well you have done. Life, even though not perfect, can still be well worth living