Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-04

The case of the ex.

My ex (the father of my child) and I got back together 2 months ago after a 3year break up. He cheated on me and we broke up, i am not going to completely blame him for everything that happened. At one stage he also became physically abusive. In the time that we have been apart we both dated other people. Things have been okay for now, I do however find that I am not very trusting but instead of raising the issue like in the past I just let it go. If he doesnt call I dont call, i try not to get upset and if I do I dont let him know it. I know that this is not a good basis of a relationship but he refuses to go for counselling. I am sad to say that I feel that this relationship is not going to last very long. I told him straight out that before we dated for 3 years and there was no marriage and that I am not going to do that again, if he feels that I am not marriage material why carry on again. The other problem is that my friends are now putting pressure on me to leave him as they say that he will never change and that he will hurt me again. They do not have perfect lives so why judge me. When we were happy we were very happy, but when things were bad they were very bad. What do I do, cut all ties now or just let relationship just wither out and die??? Can a leopard change his spots??? I have seen changes in him but i''m not sure if that is just for the moment,

He's a serial cheater and abusive to boot ? Why do you choose to maintain this relatonship ? Its surely not your only possible elationship. How many very last chances does he expect you to give him ? How many spotless leopards have you seen lately ?

4
Posted by: Beth | 2010-08-13

I am married to a wonderful man we have a yr old together and b4 i met him i was in a horrible relationship the guy just wud never stop cheating so my advice go into this with ur eyes opened and dont evevr ever ask a guy to marry u or put pressure on him cos u sound like u r scared of what he might do to hurt u but hopefully this time around it will workout...gudk\luk

Reply to Beth
Posted by: Ken | 2010-08-04

Nope no last chance, you just going to end up getting hurt.
But hey if you dont want to listen to your friends then by all means go ahead and be taken for a fool again. Yes, their lives are not perfect but they can see whats going on and bringing it to your attention. I dont think they being judgemental or anything, just honest. So take it or leave it. Most women aren''t strong enough to be on their own or wait until a true man comes along so they tend to stick to any piece of trash that comes along.

Reply to Ken
Posted by: Happiness | 2010-08-04

Give him a second chance, but definately not A THIRD ONE!!!

Reply to Happiness