Question
Posted by: Gary | 2008/09/20

The Bug

Hi!

I got halfway with a training cycle when I got the flu AND stomach bug that put me in bed for four days. It’ s been ten days now and I need to hit the gym though I still feel weak.
Do I carry on with my cycle or do I start from the beginning.
Is there anything that I can take to get me back to where I was strength wise?
I lost +- 4kg in those four days.

Regards,
Gary

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Gary

I know how frustrating it is when you work so hard to just fall behind again. Your body’s immune system has been attacked by a virus and that is why you are feeling so tired thus do not push yourself to full limits when going back – work yourself into an escalating routine over a week to reach your top again – you don’t have to start at the start of the cycle again, but certainly not full blown either. Also, listen to our body – if you still need rest do so!
The best for strength now is your six balanced meals per day with lots of vegs and fruit and don’t forget the water. Also take a high dosage of vitamin C 1000-2000mg in the morning and the same at night. And get so Probioflora Intensive – 9 stands and take 2 in the morning and 2 at night – finish a container of 60s.

Next time you feel a bug screening up on you take 3000mg Vitamin C every 4 hours for two days continuous – you will get diarrhea but such levels of vitamin C tends to kill a virus.

Good luck and take care
Vanessa

1
Posted by: strong will | 2008/09/22

just suck it up and train through it

Reply to strong will