Question
Posted by: Booi | 2011-08-17

the boss

His wife is here too. However she has an actual job to do and does it. He is not allowed to go to her department or there is marital problems so he does not go there.

We all have worked here 5+ some even 29 years- no one below that we all know what to do and everything goes smoothly.

But yes you are right, he wants to feel useful but he only bought here 7 years ago so they all know what they are doing or have known even before he bought this place.

He went on pension and after 3 months they nearly strangled each other so he bought this. She had never worked before.

I send him on courses then he walks out halfway. If they go to Kruger for a short while they''ll leave earlier to be back and even stop on their way home.

They cannot wait to get a job so they can work on a saturday or even a sunday. Their kids have all moved to london years ago.

Has anyone diused these probelms with her ? She'd be in a better position to help keep him busy and content. Sounds like she might not care so long as he's anywhere but in her dept. Clearly, they both need the job and the office far more than the firm, needs them. Pity someone can't get him interested in charitable and similar good works, where they usually need more people.
I suspect the kids were relieved to move, too

2
Posted by: Unemployed. | 2011-08-17

Well if he is the owner and not doing anything unlawful to his staff you will just have to grin and bear it.
I would love to have a boss, even one from hell. Maybe just be grateful that you have a job.

Reply to Unemployed.