Question
Posted by: Firefly | 2010-02-01

The book : Fireproof

Hi Cs, i told my b/f about this book and that if you try it for 40 days and do as they say it will enhance your relationship, he bought the book over the internet and we started with day one - we got to day 3 and he didnt do what the book said and eventually the book fell into a draw.

I believe that we can only gain more by doing this together however he does not want to.

Last night he moaned that i am short tempered and he' s to scared to talk to me because i fly of the handles, again i said ok lets try the book maybe it will help. I was ignored.

OK. Just don't get angry about it ! SOme books can be helpful, some just help the author's bank balance. But any solution to interpersonal friction HAS to involve the sincere participation of BOTH of those involved. Sometimes the trick is to emphasize that o course the process isn't about fixing him, but about fiin this problem you have, which you have both identified and is a problem for both of you, and which you really can't fix without his help.

4
Posted by: Red | 2010-02-02

Is this the " Love Dare" 

The movie was good. The acting is another story. Was not that good though.

Reply to Red
Posted by: Wife | 2010-02-02

Maybe try getting him to watch the movie, it' s just as powerful.

Reply to Wife
Posted by: Leez | 2010-02-02

Unfortunately you cannot enforce his ' following the book' . Why not try to sort out your issues together first - one step at a time - and then see from there. I know for sure that my hubby sure as hell will not depend on a book to enhance our relationship, should problems arise. Just exercise a bit of patience. Good luck.

Reply to Leez