Posted by: richard dauth | 2010-09-30

the best anti ageing creams

I am a 39 year old male, and have never before used any facial creams, but now the lines and wrinkles are starting to show on my eyes and forehead, what is the best cream to use for this, sorry, i do not want to go out and buy cheap things that dont work.

I look forward to your reply,

Richard Dauth

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Richard, thank you for the question.

One does not have to buy expensive creams to get the best topical results that one can get.

The first and most important topical product is your sunscreen and it should be a SPF 50 or higher and contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. The following ingredients have shown to benefit the skin: alphahydroxy acids, polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, vitamin A (or its derivatives retinal palmitate or acetate), vitamin E, and other antioxidants such as idebenone or co enzyme Q10. My advice would be to look at NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.

To further enhance the effects of the topical products other modalities such as Glycolic acid peels, needling, etc.
Unfortunately all topical products have a limited effect and one may need to consider Botox, dermal fillers, and/or technology based treatments (PhotoFacial or fractional skin resurfacing).