Question
Posted by: Appalled | 2009-05-28

The 6 stages of getting drunk

I read your The 6 stages of getting drunk - article, it was quite nice, BUT. Where in the world did you come up with those numbers, unbelievable. For example this:
4. The topplingover phase
When your alcohol level reaches 0,2 g/ 100 ml (after four to six drinks or three doubles in an hour) the alcohol wave is crashing over your cerebellum.

And you mentioned in that article that one unit of alcohol is 25ml. So what you are saying is that by drinking 3-4 normal vodka shots in one hour, you should basically have the reaction mentioned above  of course depends how big you are and are you a man or a woman etc.

Anyway, I can say from experience that the numbers in that article are total bullshit. That kind of thing happens every weekend at some point in the evening and of course before and after that many beers or drinks. Just for the record, I' m a man in my thirties and weighting 72kilos.

I’ m thinking that the numbers you provided are accurate for some 16 year old girl whose weight is 45 kilos.

Hi Appalled
I did not write an article about getting drunk - it was probably written by the Health 24 journalist team for Pulse?
Maybe you should write a letter to their editor?

2
Posted by: Admin | 2009-05-29

Thank you for writing to Health24, Apalled - contact us on the email address provided in Contact Us at the bottom of this page and we can look into the article for you.

Reply to Admin

Do you happen to have contact information?