Question
Posted by: Katjy | 2011-12-05

that time of the year

Hi, my boyfriend and I went to my company function on Friday evening..all went well as games were played and he was asked to stand up and choose a lady...he decided on a younger girl than me, I am 53 and he is 46...I got so cross by the time he got back to the table I told him I want to go home, which we did..he hasn t spoken to me since then, told me I humiliated him and accused him of things he did not do..told me via sms to leave him alone..was I wrong to make such a scene..I love this guy...dont want to loose him...pse guys tell me how can I fix this, should I just leave him alone to cool down, I have apologised a few times already ...pse help

I think the organizers of a company function who mthink it's cute to get adults to play games, are creepy. But you shouldn't take it so seriously. He had to choose someone, and there could have been any number of reasons why he chose her - did you really expect he should search the party to find someone older than you ?
I don't see any good reason for, or benefit from, making a scene - had you perhaps been drinking a bit ? You've apologised, and he will need time to cool off, perhaps. Tell him you love him a lot, are embarassed by the whole episode, and will give him time to cool down, but look forward to hearing from him soon. Then leave it be for a while

8
Posted by: Honest | 2011-12-06

No this will not improve. You behaved like a teenager and your conduct was unforgivable. He has made it clear that you have been dumped. Move on in a dignified manner and learn from your mistake. There are plenty more fish in the sea for women who know how to behave.

Reply to Honest
Posted by: Katjy | 2011-12-06

Just an update on the current situation, he told me he never wants to speak to me again...and will not take any of my calls..do you guys think this will get better again?

Reply to Katjy
Posted by: Man | 2011-12-05

maybe your over reaction was because of the menopause!
l think you should prepare yourself for him never contacting you again
your behaviour was hugely humiliating and perhaps career damaging, maybe next time act your age.
somethings cannot be fixed..............

Reply to Man
Posted by: Katjy | 2011-12-05

Hi Me, the way you respect women and their feelings, I don''t think you have a girlfriend to take with you to functions!!!

Reply to Katjy
Posted by: me | 2011-12-05

I never take galfrends to such functions coz they have a tendancy of spoling one''s fun like you did. I wonder what you still doing with ''boyfriends'' at 53. Your behaviour shows that that part of your life is gone and you should concentrate on raising your grandchildren and Menopause.

Reply to me
Posted by: Katjy | 2011-12-05

Thank you for the comment, I will wait

Reply to Katjy
Posted by: fosho | 2011-12-05

Just leave him for a while, he will come back to you when he is ready to talk.
if he was ashamed of you, I doubt he would have brought you to the xmas function. try and calm down if he wanted someone younger he would be with them. so stop it and try and relax a little.

Reply to fosho