Question
Posted by: Smoke Free | 2008/10/10

Thanks / Hynotherapy

Thanks for your replies. I do agree on some level that " magic"  is not the answer but I think I' ll give it a bash. I have a good feeling about it and even if it doesn' t work...the way for me is forward...so I will not give up on " giving up" . I do see a " therapist"  every 6 weeks and she will be working with me through this. I have had a lot to deal with over the last few years and present but she has guided me, taught me how to cope &  move on. Giving up has always been a goal but when I first started seeing her she said I had too much on my plate to work through. So we agreed that it could wait and time would tell when I would be ready. So, my time is here and I believe I am ready and maybe that' s all I need to help me through this...belief in myself and that it will work. But alas, if it doesn' t, then " Allen Carrs Easy Way"  here I come...

Thanks again for your input...

Thanks for the feedback --- let us know how it goes. I'm impressed by the results of CBT in smoking cessation --- and found a good paperback self-help book on that on sale recently. If with your therapist you're working through other heavy material, it may be that successon those areas may tip the balance in favour of any attempts at smoking cessation now working even if previously they didn't.