Question
Posted by: ME | 2012/05/02

Thanks and Yaah another one

GOOD DAY

(PARDON THE CAPS, MY PHONE IS PERFORMING)
JUST WANT TO PASS MY HEARTFELT GRATITUDE. I AM BECOMING A BETTER PERSON AND UNDERSTANDING SELF BETTER EACH DAY. THANKS DOC. READ YOUR RESUME AND ENCOURAGED. POSTED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS AND YOUR WIT AND WISDOM SAW ME THRU.

A QUICK ONE. MY NEWLYFOUND LOVER LOST HIS MUM IN DEC. SEEMS LIKE HE HAS NOT DEALT WITH THE LOSS. EVERYTIME HE TALKS BOUT IT HE BREAKS DOWN AND CRY. HE UTTERS STATEMENTS LIKE HE HATES THE MOTHER FOR QUITTING ON THEM AND HALF THE TIME HE IS CONTEMPLATING SUICIDE. HOW CAN I BE OF ASSISTANCE WITHOUT INTERFERING OR RATHER PLAYING A PSYCHOLOGIST OF SOME SORT. I SUGGESTED A PROFESSIONAL HELP HE SEEM NOT TO BE KEEN.

Ah. I'be seen a performing dog, very occasionally, but not a performing phone. Does it sit up and do tricks ?
Anyhow, thanks for the kind comments. Almost everyone who loses a parent can be devastated about it, and it takes a lot more than 3 or 4 months to get over it. But it does sound as though he is reacting abnormally. Where there has been a fraught and ambivalent relationship, the grief is more often lobnger and more complex. But to be contemplating suicide is excessive, and strongly suggests that he needs to be encouraged to seek proper counselling. He needs to be reminded that seeking help is a sign of strength and wisdom, not of weakness.

2
Posted by: me | 2012/05/02

Lol, as always. Thanks for the response. Will keep my CS posted.

Reply to me