Question
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2009-08-10

Thanks again

Thanks again, your explanation makes a lot of sense.

When I went onto Efexor, my blood pressure shot up to 180/120 and was the same on 4 separate occasions. However Efexor worked SO well, we chose to add hypertension meds. My then-pdoc subsequently filed a formal Adverse Event Report.

It does seem to be a possible side-effect particularly of Efexor. I haven't seen much work on whether any specific ant-hypertension meds would interfere in any way with the actions of Efexor. Some of the older anti-hypertensives could cause depression, but this seems not to be a problem with current ones. Apparently that combination is working fine in you. Gosh you Have had a complicated time --- you'll be able to write your own textbook of psychopharmacology before long.