Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/03/30

Thank you Cybie. I think she might be depressed. I would make a point to go visit her as much as possible over weekends as she lives 40 minutes drive away from me. It really bugs me cause before I moved I was there and could visit all the time.

My mom says she lights up when she hears I am coming to visit as she never had children and I fill that roll in her life.

I want her to feel better but dont really know what to do. I would go fetch her to come visit me but she also stays with my grandmother who has lots of grandchildren and I can never just invite her to join me.

Maybe I should just make an appointment and get her to go to the doctor also discuss her feeling down all the time with him?

As for the ginger beer. Thanks for the tips. Just my luck the ginger beer would explode and my dog would lick it up and be all drunk and sick.

I will attemp with causion.

Remember, you yourself are a highly effective antidepressant, K ! Maybe chatting with her, you can reveal a little about your own difficulties with depression ( not too graphic or detailed, of course ) and how you found treatment could help a lot - and suggest she get an assessment at least, so you can both know what you're dealing with

6
Posted by: Apple | 2011/03/31

But you said she lives with your grandmother who has lots of grandchildren - can they not assist?
She would not have to ask for anything as they would help at your instigation behind the scenes.

Reply to Apple
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/03/31

She has no grandchildren, she could never have children. She is depressed at the moment and dont feel like asking for anything.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Apple | 2011/03/31

Can the Grand children not help her, all she would have to do is sit facing the screen and talk to you?

Reply to Apple
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/03/31

Apple she is 85 years old and hates technology. Only things she really use is her radio and sometimes a little tv.

Thanks for the suggestion thou. I wish it was that easy.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Apple | 2011/03/31

Why not buy her a laptop and install skype - u could then see each other every day?

Reply to Apple