Question
Posted by: Peppie | 2010/06/07

thanks!

Thank you for advising me to go and see a shrink for my panic attacks. I chose a psychiatrist and he diagnosed me with GAD + panic attacks and a bit of agoraphobia too. I''m now on Effexor and for the short term Zopax.
I feel really chilled out. I have 2 mildly unpleasant side effects - nausea and a dry mouth - and one very good one - no appetite. Do you think the lack of appetite is caused by the Effexor and will it continue? That would be very welcome, maybe I can lose weight successfully at last.

Thank you so much for providing such valuable feedback and follow-up - it's a pleasure to help. The dry mouth and mild nausea may persist, or fade to the point of no longer being a nuisance or noticeable. The nausea is partly related to the loss of appetite, though some antidepressants can also have a direct effect on appetite. Use this useful aspect of the side-effects to work with a good diet and exercise plan, and get into these new and healthy eating habits, so it will be easier to maintain them after the drug treatment eventually comes to an end.

1