Question
Posted by: Purple | 2010/05/11

THanks

Thanks as always for your good advice and excellent observations which always put things in perspective.

I know there is plenty of help available for alcoholics, but nothing available for someone heading that way - it seems you must already be at the end point before you can get help.

I have just contacted my husband and told him to sleep at a hotel tonight. He then started with his usual sorries and how ashamed he is etc and it just made me more upset, so I told him to find somewhere else to live for the next three months and if he has changed his behaviour and sought help and is making progress then we can try again.

I feel really sad at the moment and don''t know what I" m going to tell my son.
I''m pretty certain my husband will come home this evening and want to talk, but I" m so tired of hearing sorry after every weekend and warning him that I''ve had enough. Last night was the last straw and if he does come home he can move into the spare room until his behaviour changes.

I feel like eating a slab of chocolate now. But I won''t, I''ll buy a small two square one and eat that instead and then feel superior for being able to control my little pleasures.

It may help to be clear about what is expected of him and how realistic this is, with help. Tell him to come back and talk about what he has achieved in controlling his drinking, when he has achieved it, because before then there is nothing worth discussing.
And good luck with that awesome chocolate control kit !

1