Question
Posted by: Lebone | 2008/09/16

Dear Doc,

Thanks, for a better diognosis of my IVP, I met with my urologist but Doc, he was not supportive enough as he said that my bladder cannot discharge urine, that there is urini left after I went to urinate he supposes it is the one that causes me pain. But could not offer me solution as he prescribed antibiotics, for me but said he wonders even if they will work . When I asked him about another solution he said this infection will remain in my body, but I do believe that I am not a hopeless situation.Please advise me on what avenue should I take as this pain has been going on for more than a year now. Please advise on which procedure can be undertaken to discharge this urine .

Dear Lebone
Did you get a second opinion from another urologist yet? If you are not able to get a second opinion ask him how you can empty your bladder better - it may help to push on the area just above your pelvic bone when you urinate, or to use intermittend catherization with a stainless steel catheter - but they will have to teach you how to do this.