Posted by: Leandra | 2013-02-12

Thank you CS - and here is the context

Thank you for the excellent perspective CS. The context is that the gentleman in question moved on from me to a supposedly much better woman - call it the upgrade of the millennium. She had (still has) the looks, the youth, the wardrobe, the poise, the accent, the whole enchilada. Came from the right family, went to the right schools, even dances the right jig. I''ll credit her with being frightfully close to perfection - next to her I fairly resemble a troll. But deep down he is not happy with her and credits having met me for the unhappiness he is experiencing that side! He reckons that had he never met me, he would have been in the perfect space to experience a happily-ever-after with the lady he has openly chosen to be make a life with. He says the woman he is with is ''right for him'' - but he is unable to fully appreciate it because I am a part of his past. I am perplexed to say the least. If she is so right for him why is he not happy - and how am I to blame? Plus he is the one who left me!!!

You''re right, this goes into the pail marked hogwash. Twisted hogwash though.

DOn't most of us find perfection soon gets really boring ? Trolls of the world unite ! But this guy needs to get realistic. He rejected you and moved on to Miss Perfection, and somehow that's your fault ? If she's so farn right for him, why does he even remember you ? No, he's discovering that perfection is much less than he expected, and doesnt want to face the fact that he made a dumb choice. Leave him to wash his twisted hogs, and congratulate yourself on a near-miss !