Question
Posted by: ADHDude | 2010/05/16

Thank you and sorry

Dear Doctor. I appreciate your prompt responses. It is when family and books and articles about how bad drugs are for you that i start to not trust any doctor. You see I am under pressure to come off all medication because I am not improving and family are blaming the drugs. I am sorry but when one is in doubt we tend to ask the same questions

The wrong drugs can cause problems ; not being treated when one needs treatment can cause serious problems, too. Families feel guilty when a loved one is unwell and not getting better, and would like to have something definite to blame - this is understandable but can be unhelpful.
And I understand that when we are troubled and in doubt, we tend to ask the same questions until we find an answer that is satisfying, even if such an anser isn't available, so I do understand.
Personally, I decided long ago, that I must be honest with people and tell you what I really think, as I can't be helpful if I am pretending in some way just to make you happy in an un- realistic fashion.
Keep on trying, because you deserve to be better and happier than you have been, and it ought to be possible to achieve that - don't give up

1