Posted by: Liza | 2008-10-31

Thank you and another question

Dear Vanessa

Thank you for all your answers to my question. I REALLY appreciate it and it is nice to ask someone with your knowledge these types of questions!

Another question and certainly not the last! How much whey protein (gram) must I add with my milk/water for my post recovery meal and as a snack between my main meals? I weigh 69 kg and length 1,74 and would like to weigh 65 kg.

Thanks again!!! Regards

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Liza

You are more than welcome and ask as many questions as you like – the aim is to do so until you get it right!
The usual portion for a women is about 25 g protein per serving – thus using a cup of skimmed milk you will be getting 12,75 carbs, 7,5 protein and 1,5 fat – therefore you need to about 17, 5 protein which should be about ¾ a scoop if one scoop equates. The same is fine for a snack as well. If you make it with water you should be consuming the carbs from another source e.g. a fruit.

Take lots of care and keep me posted to your progress.

Have a fab weekend!