Question
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2010-10-05

Thank you so much CS. Am I just over-reacting, assuming it''''s a bipolar thing? Is it normal to feel so lost and down after such an event? If anything, I''''d have expected a mania (or at least a bit of euphoria) from all the compliments I got and how well it went, so why this reaction? Why do I feel so lost and empty when I should feel so good and so happy?

YOu are reacting, not over-reacting. When one has a bipolar disorder, it's natural and useful, not to assume that everything that feels unpleasant must be due to the disorder, but to wonder whether it might be. OTherwise, ech, some of us don't take compliments well. Feel as you feel, without making yourself feel bad for not feeling whatever way you think you ought to feel. Digest the success.

1