Question
Posted by: Tinky | 2010/06/29

Thank You

so much for your answer!! I feel reassured.. is there such a thing as too much feeling transferrence to an animal?

This is not what would usually be considered transference. Some of us genuinely love animals. Maybe for some people you could say we "transfer" onto the pet, love and affection we might otherwise lavish on our own child, and when for whatever reason we don't have a child, its a perfectly natural and wholesome thing to do. I suppose one could be Too attached when it is smothering to the animal ( ignoring its own nature and wishes ) or when it distracts us from our interactions with other humans

1